Sunday, May 27, 2007

Guys with beard aren't necessarily weird.


People are very apprehensive of other people's intentions. I don't know why but they are. I know that. There is this very disturbing lack of trust syndrome the people of delhi carry when they leave their homes out for work or play, anything. Parents clutching their kids' hands more firmly as someone approaches, is commonplace now. Here if you ask someone what the time is, the She thinks you are not asking the time but trying to ask her out, the He gives away the facial expression that he thinks you're asking the time just because the girl with him is a good looker. Interesting. And two out every 5 boys, without anyone with them, you happen to ask something in the middle of the road, or just talk some pointless point, would wonder why is he being told this, as if thinking - why is he being beaten up. Ok I look a bit thief-like with my grown up beard which might just mislead people into imagining my lack of finances to throw at the barber bar bar, but I certainly don't look like an eve teaser. I don’t think so. Atleast. I don't know why grown up beards only remind people of osama bin laden and never Vir Sanghvi.


Just yesterday at c.p , as I was sitting outside block b's pavement bookstall, as I usually do tired from the three-fourth college to home journey already carried out, I saw a couple going quite all over in the parking space next to it, and they were not inside their car. And just as they were gearing down the momentum and were barely done with, a tired looking must-be-collegian, emerged out from beneath the ground ( he was on the metro's escalator). At first sight he garnered my soft corner for his unkept beard. Dadiyal dadiyal bhai bhai, I affirmed to myself. And the first thing he did was ask this couple the place he'd get an auto for whichever place he intended to go to. He could be called dumb, rather unaware, but not a criminal. Well, he didn’t ask them the time but he would have figured out these were bad times going on for him. He got to hear abuse from the master and his mistress. He was made to feel as if he did something unimaginably evil. All that and more for asking a simple question. I felt like getting up, sympathise with the poor chap, and throw abuses back at the raja-rani. But better, or maybe worse, sense prevailed and I held back the desire. I usually refrain from getting into other people's woes. You usually get the wrath of both sides in most cases. Whatever. As far as the couple goes, I won't go into discomforting territory by rejecting them outright, as a majority of people I knew, and hence possibly some of the people who happen to read this text, considered 'public display of affection' as a turn-on, a fact I discovered after going through their orkut profiles. Now I completely differ, and I deem it bad manners, to put it as simply as possible. But okay that’s a personal opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own. Okay. But the way they then abused this guy was as if smooching in the open spaces , in pure public place, was their fundamental right, birthright rather. To top it, they considered that it was the fundamental duty of all other public present there to turn their eyes the other way, or still better, close them. Bahot sahi. Maybe they are promoters of the gandhian philosophy - Bura mat dekho. But if its so bura, why dikhao it in the first place.





bearded






befuddled


Bearded atleast better than befuddled. much much better. ( proudy neck swing follows )

No comments:

Post a Comment