Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Naukri and all

The long lazy holidays are drawing to a close. In some days, the placid afternoons I spend surfing the internet will be replaced by frantic placements activity. I just hope I get a decent job, most importantly because only getting a job will get my mind off getting a job. Belonging to quite an unenviable branch - Production and Industrial, in my case - has its own advantages. Most of us are conditioned to settle for less, not cry grouses at losing a fancy opportunity, knowing fully well that if it was so fancy, it wasn't meant for us in the first place. Among us, a major chunk gets placed in the first week itself because that's when the mass recruiters, who have a reputation for picking up every Tom, Dick and Harry (TDH), recruit. Personally, being no-topper at my no-great branch, the TDH offers are all that appear to be in reach, even if not comfortable reach, but yeah, reach nonetheless. This brings my mind to a widespread delusion that I see has inextricably become part of the archetypal I.I.T.(+) aspirant's thought-process (You know what the '+' stands for fully well). Having gone through the ordeal myself, I advise every one of them to go for the field they would love to go for, before the college they may pride themselves on going to.

Other than that, there's not much to write home about. Wait, I have some things to say about the Lok Sabha Debate, a couple of things about CAT and stuff, still some things about friends, and maybe I'd even want to sneak a few paragraphs about the latest movies I've seen - because I've seen quite a few lately, around 30 in the last 30 days. Just the thought of writing so much renders me too tired to try, so that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment