Wednesday, February 20, 2008

TAG

Here's the tag.


1. A book that made you laugh: Many. In bits and pieces, I've laughed at many sentences from many books. But if I were to name one book which had the most stylish humour, it has to be Catch-22.


2. A book that made you cry: None, actually.


3. A book that scared you: Haven't read any (scary ones).


4. A book that disgusted you: Many. , 'The Fountainhead' - disgusted me right from the preface, its popular run being a fine example of how good publicity can affect one's perception of books, 'India: What it can Teach Us'- for the super-bore it was; some more you wouldn't want to know about.


5. A book you loved in elementary school: I wasn't quite reading books when I was in Elementary school, for as much as I can remember. Of course, I liked Billu and Pinky comics, and was a big fan of Chacha Choudhary, a fascination for whom I grew even before I started attending any school, elemantary or whatever. To let a little secret out, I could read and infer sentences before I stepped into any school or pre school or play school or whatever we call it, and it was largely thanks to these comics.


6. A book you loved in middle school or junior high school: H'm I can recollect having a liking for one particular Mickey Mouse book, the exact name of which I'd have to check and see. Also, the Ninja Turtles series - in some parts, not a big fan of it, on second thoughts. And some stories of the Short story compilation called 'Malgudi Days'. And I loved looking at the Atlas a lot, if that qualifies.


7. A book you loved in high school: I was thoroughly impressed with Premchand's short stories. So two of his compilations 'Premchand ki Sarvshreshtha Kahaniyaan' and 'Premchand ki Lokpriya Kahaniya' were among my favourites of those times. Also, I liked his novel 'Gaban' a lot. For some strange reason, I liked 'The Bachelor of Arts' more than any other of Narayan's more acclaimed novels.


8. A book you loved in college: 'The Stranger', without a doubt, before any other. Others that I've loved are Catch 22, The Google Story, The Argumentative Indian, iCon, The Idle Thoughts, and some more.


9. A book that challenged your identity: None. Though many contributed, and introduced new dimensions to my identity, none challenged it.


10. A series that you love: I haven't read any series, except the comics that I told you about, and

some magazines. No books.


11. Your favourite science fiction book: Haven't read any.


12. Your favourite fantasy: Haven't read any.


13. Your favourite mystery: Haven't read any.


14. Your favourite biography: 'The Boys' Life of Edison.'


15. Your favourite "coming of age" book: I don't know what that means.


16. Your favourite classic: 'The Stranger', again. Also, 'The Fall', 'Catch-22' and 'The Catcher in the Rye' also up there among my favourites, again.


17. Your favourite romance book: Haven't read any.


I am not much of a popular fiction/genre fiction fan. Literary does it for me.


Since the only one I could hope to complete the tag if I tagged, is one who actually tagged me with this in the first place, I tag no one in particular. Goes without saying, anyone who wants to pick it up from here, please pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment